Currently there are two Medications available to treat hereditary baldness. The most common options include:
• Minoxidil (Rogaine). Over the counter (non-prescription) minoxidil comes in liquid, foam, and shampoo forms. Patients can apply the product to the scalp skin once daily for women and twice daily for men. Minoxidil can help many people regrow their hair or slow the rate of hair loss or both. It'll take at least six months of treatment to start seeing results.
• There are some side effects such as unwanted hair growth and irritation of scalp with use of minoxidil.
• Finasteride (Propecia). This is a prescription drug for men.
Patients can take it daily as a pill. Finasteride can help slowing of
hair loss, and in some patients, some may show new hair growth. It usually
takes a few months to tell whether it is effective. There are some side
effects of finasteride including decreasing sex drive and diminishing
sexual function and increasing risk of prostate cancer.
Naturopathic treatments for Hair loss:
1- Life style modification, avoiding stress, healthy foods, exercise, avoiding toxic exposures
2- Vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B,A,D,E,zinc, selenium,Iron
• Rosemary:Often used as an oil topically either combined with olive oil or by itself, this herb can help with circulation to aid in growth
• Saw Palmetto :Saw Palmetto extract can inhibit the binding of DHT to receptors, thus blocking DHT's action and promoting the breakdown of the potent compound and is used topically
• Ginseng: may stimulate the circulation needed for hair growth. It can also work to make hairs stronger to help with retention of hair.
• Peppermint: can have healing effects to the scalp to help with hair growth. It not only moisturizes and soothes an irritated scalp, but also may stimulate hair follicles.
• Hibiscus: help stimulate hair follicles, increase follicle size, and increase hair growth.
• Grape sees oil: which can act as a Natural DHT blocker
Other treatments that is experimental and may be used for hair loss prevention or may
help to increase hair diameter are Palette rich plasma treatments and low-level laser therapies.
Free Consultation Call 323.613.7268